Get CloudCherry to analyse your customer’s journey, solve problems and delight them
Puma enhanced their ‘Customer Experience’ with the help of CloudCherry.
How to build the perfect Omnichannel CX strategy
CloudCherry | Featured | October 25, 2016
“We realize that customers want to shop on their own terms,” said Shea Jensen, VP of Customer Experience at Nordstrom, as the American Retailer expands its omnichannel customer experience domain to further merge offline and online channels; Nordstrom customers can now pick an item online and try the same at a local store.
Yes, we’re well into the times that have transcended traditional shopping means. Technology is rigorously closing the gap between the real and virtual worlds, and as a consequence, the outlook of the modern day consumer is evolving rapidly. Customer expectations have not just simply risen, but they’ve branched into a completely different path, taking the omnichannel course.
And as the phrase suggests, omnichannel customer experience is all about creating an effortless, seamless and consistent experience for the end-consumer across multiple consumer touchpoints that include both online and offline. At its heart, omnichannel refers to unifying separate, compartmental experiences (the mobile app experience, the website experience, the in-store experience and so on) into a single holistic journey.
‘How’ and ‘Where’ you serve customers today is as important as ‘What’ you serve customers.
With 95% of consumers expecting an omnichannel retail experience, according to Frost and Sullivan, it’s become more of a pre-requisite for your business model. At the same time, while there are so many brands that proudly associate themselves with being ‘omnichannel’, very few have truly understood the meaning behind it and gone the distance to deliver a seamless, fully-connected customer experience.
If you’re wondering as to why the rest of the pack, the omnichannel laggards, are miles behind, it’s most likely because of the following reasons:
• A lot of omnichannel strategies are pretty much namesake, made out of desperation just because every other business is heading in that direction.
• It doesn’t take into account the viewpoint of the customer or the Voice of the Customer.
• Engaging with your customers on several different channels isn’t the equivalent of creating an omnichannel customer experience, especially when these channels operate exclusively.
• Not providing the same consistent level of customer experience, and customer support/help on all channels.
Now ask yourself if you’ve been spending a lot of resources on ”omnichannel customer experience” without seeing tangible benefits all this while. If you’re nodding, you’ve been doing it wrong all along!
So, how can your business see to it that the omnichannel customer experience strategy translates into sizeable revenue and profits?
• Get to know what your customers want – their expectations, needs and underlying behavioural patterns. No CX strategy will do your business any good if it doesn’t serve its ultimate purpose of serving the customer.
• Identify your flagship channels – channels that customers frequent to engage with you. Optimize the experience across these channels while ensuring that these channels are interconnected, allowing seamless transition for a customer when he/she switches from one channel to another, say online to offline.
• Collect customer feedback across every single channel as consumer expectations across different channels might be different. For instance, a customer using your mobile app will be more concerned about the user experience whereas a brick-and-mortar store customer will pay more attention to store ambience, cleanliness, etc.
The dawn of omnichannel has brought a sort of movement in the CX world. But as necessary as it is to latch onto this trend, you need the right resources and foundation to go about it. If you wish to truly understand the working of a dynamic omnichannel customer experience, feel free to get in touch with us and well show you how you can understand your customers better and start delighting them across 17 different channels!